Inspiration: The inspiration for this card was a unopened container of Real Red Glitter Embossing Powder (available in the Holiday Catalog). It adds a beautiful shimmer to the large star.
- I had a bit of a learning curve with the glitter embossing powder. Here is what I discovered:
- The embossing powder seemed to stick better on our regular Whisper White card stock than our Thick Whisper White card stock.
- Don't forget to use your embossing buddy before stamping! This stuff is like super fine glitter that sticks everywhere. (I'm sure I'll be "wearing" it until at least Valentine's Day!)
- I tried Versamark ink to stamp the image but the glitter embossing powder wasn't sticking to the image very well, so I switched to Whisper White craft ink. To make sure you have the large stamp inked up really well, lay it face up on a table and lightly tap the craft ink pad to the stamp.
- After stamping, pour the glitter embossing powder over the stamped image more than once to get as thick of a coating as possible.
- Usually I "thump" the back of the card stock to knock off any loose embossing powder. However, it actually knocked some of the glitter embossing powder off of the stamped image, so I switched to lightly tapping the back and using a paint brush to brush away any stray glitter/powder.
- It's next to impossible to tell when the glitter embossing powder is set with the heat tool. Be more deliberate with where you point your heat tool...don't just go in random circles. Go down each star tip and in the center to make sure you don't miss a spot.
- The vellum is adhered with a little bit of Elmer's Craft Bond and some mini glue dots hidden behind the stars.
- The large star is adhered with dimensionals. I wrapped silver thread around 4 fingers about 10 times and then attached the wound thread to the dimensionals before attaching it to the card.
- The silver stars are attached with mini glue dots.
- The greeting is embossed with White Embossing Powder. I attached the vellum before stamping to determine placement of the greeting.
Star of Light (Bundle & Save)
Real Red Card Stock
4-1/4x11 Card Base
Whisper White Card Stock
3-1/2x4-1/4 Large Star
2-1/2x2-1/2 for Stars
Vellum Card Stock
4-1/4x3 Embossed Layer
Whisper White Craft Ink Pad
Starlight Thinlits (Bundle & Save)
Softly Falling Embossing Folder
Silver Metallic Thread
Real Red Glitter Embossing Powder
White Embossing Powder
Embossing Buddy & Heat Tool
Mini Glue Dots
Elmer's Craft Bond
Thanks for stopping by!