1) Start with a strip of Whisper White Baker's Twine. I would keep it around 12-18 inches long.
2) Choose the color you want to make and go pull that ink refill from your stash.
3) You'll also need rubbing alcohol...nothing special...just whatever's in your bathroom cabinet.
4) Pour some alcohol into a small bowl or I used one of our plastic button containers. You'll want the liquid to be deep enough that you cover as much of the twine as possible.
5) Add several drops of ink. Stir.
6) Lay your twine in the mixture. Let it soak for awhile (15 minutes or so)...maybe swish it around a little about midway through.
7) Use tweezers or your bone folder to pull the twine out of the liquid and lay it on a paper towel to dry. I didn't squeeze mine dry because I didn't want to take any of the color out.
8) Once it's dry, add it to your project! Note that the color will not be perfectly even.
This is the video where I found the instructions:
Now for the card. Yes, this is another Watercolor Wonder Note Card. I also used the new Banner Blast Stamp Set and matching Banner Punch which will be available FREE during Sale-A-Bration with a qualifying purchase.
All of the banners are adhered with dimensionals which made the card "almost" too thick to fit into the matching envelope. If you decide to CASE this card, you may want to use glue instead.
Here's everything I used:
Banner Blast (2014 Sale-A-Bration)
Itty Bitty Banners
Whisper White Card Stock
Scraps for Banners
Wild Wasabi Card Stock
Scrap for Greeting
Daffodil Delight Card Stock
Scrap for Greeting Backing
Watercolor Wonder Note Cards
Calypso Coral Ink Refill
Calypso Coral Stamp Pad
Wild Wasabi Stamp Pad
Daffodil Delight Stamp Pad
Whisper White Craft Ink
Banner Punch (2014 Sale-A-Bration)
Bitty Banners Framelits
1/2" Circle Punch
Whisper White Baker's Twine
White Embossing Powder
Embossing Buddy & Heat Tool
Have a great weekend!