This is the Mother's Day card I made for my Aunt Nita (aka, Juanita). She's like a second mother to me!
- Start with a 3-3/4x5 inch piece of DSP and cut it down to two pieces measuring 3-3/4x4 and 3-3/4x1, Flip over the 1" strip which is the yellow design.
- Adhere both pieces of DSP to a 3-3/4x5 inch piece of Whisper White. It helps to have a thicker card front when wrapping the ends of thick twine or ribbon to the back.
- For the bow, thread a piece of twine behind the horizontal piece. Don't "tie" the shorter piece to it. Instead, start making the loops for your bow. By not making that first "tie," you remove some of the bulk and the bow will lay flatter. Apply mini glue dots behind the bow to help keep it's shape.
- Punch 1/4" circles for the flower centers. Place them on a silicone mat. Use a little glue to keep the circles from sliding around. Apply Crystal Effects and leave them on the silicone mat to dry. I would wait at least an hour before adhering them to the card. Be sure to store your Crystal Effects upside down in a cup on your desk. I've had mine for a couple of years and it never clogs!
- I used my trusty MISTI to stamp "Happy Mother's Day."
Strawberry Slush Card Stock
5-1/2x8-1/2 Card Base
Whisper White Card Stock
3-3/4x5 Hidden Layer (see instructions)
(2) 2-3/4x2-3/4 for Flowers
(2) 1-1/4x1-1/4 for Flower Centers
3-3/4x3/4 for Sentiment
Pistachio Pudding Card Stock
Scraps for Flower Centers
All Abloom DSP
3-3/4x5 Original Piece (see instructions)
Thanks for stopping by!