Inspiration: I had used the Flourishing Phrases stamp set on another card, but I really wanted to use the beautiful flourish from from the Flourish Thinlits. This one turned out to be a little trickier than I thought it would be when it was just a thought and not reality. :)
- To make a "mirrored" flourish, I cut two pieces using the large thinlit and cut them approximately in half. You could actually start with a smaller piece of paper and just die cut the top half of the flourish twice.
- You only need some small Blushing Bride scraps to cut out the flowers. No need to cut out the entire flourish.
- The most difficult part of this card was making sure I had the flourishes positioned correctly and then not smearing glue everywhere! Here's what I learned:
- Before cutting off the "green" flowers, lay out your flourish pieces on the Whisper White card stock. Use a pencil to trace around the bottom of each stem. It's going to be covered by the greeting anyway.
- Cut off the green flowers trimming close to the top of the stem. Trim off any extra stem from your Blushing Bride flowers.
- Apply TINY amounts of multipurpose glue to the back of the flourish die cuts. Let them sit until the glue isn't runny...just tacky. Carefully line up the bottoms of the flourishes with your pencil marks on the Whisper White and press down. This is one time you don't want to "adjust" your image once it's on the card. It makes a mess...trust me!
- Next, add a tiny amount of glue to the flowers, let them sit and then add them to the card.
- The scalloped circled is glued to the card front. The dimensionals are behind the green circle.
One of my stamping friends taught me a phrase to think about when applying glue (she uses it in her SS class)..."dot, dot, not a lot." Based on this, someone came up with a way to remember to not smoosh your stamps into the firm foam ink pads..."tap, tap, stamp like that." Words to live by! LOL
Crumb Cake Card Stock
8-1/2x5-1/2 Card Base
Blushing Bride Card Stock
4x5-1/4 Large Layer
2-1/4x2-1/4 Scalloped Circle
Scraps for Flowers
Pear Pizzazz Card Stock
(2) 3-1/4x3-1/2 Flourishes (top half only)
Whisper White Card Stock
3-3/4x5 Embossed Layer
2x2 Greeting Circle
Thanks for stopping by!