Inspiration: I've been working on my January birthday cards and thought I'd use some of my leftover Love Blossoms DSP from last year's Occasions Catalog. After all of the holiday "busyness," it's hard to get back in the swing of things so keeping it simple is helpful to me.
- I used the largest stitched square from the Stitched Shapes Framelits to make my stitched rectangle. I did something a little different from other tutorials I've seen.
- Start with a piece of Whisper White card stock that's the desired finished size. Cut the short side of the card stock to fit inside the cut area of the framelit which is 2-5/8 inches for the largest square. I used 3-3/4 inches for the length.
- Place the framelit with the cutting side up on the Big Shot (I used the magnetic platform then a clear cutting plate and then the framelit cut side up). NOTE: I don't know if using the framelit with the cut side up is harmful to the framelit, so be aware that's a possibility. It didn't seem to do any damage to mine. Line up the card stock within the cutting area of the framelit as shown below and place a clear cutting plate on top:
- Run the framelit under the Big Shot rollers just until you get near the bottom edge of the framelit (where the paper's overlapping the framelit) otherwise you'll wind up with a square. Turn the handle backwards to roll the framelit back out.
- Next, turn the paper so that the end that wasn't cut is now lined up in the cut area as shown below:
- Run the framelit under the Big Shot rollers just until you get near the bottom edge of the framelit and then roll back out backwards (same as before).
- You should have a rectangle that is 2-5/8 x 3-3/4 inches!
- The greeting layer is attached with dimensionals, and I used multipurpose glue to attached the flowers.
- I used my MISTI to line up and stamp the greeting. The greeting was stamped twice for a darker image.
Crumb Cake Card Stock
5-1/2x8-1/2 Card Base
Whisper White Card Stock
2-5/8x3-3/4 Main Image
Blushing Bride Card Stock
Scraps for Flowers
Love Blossoms DSP (Retired)
4x5-1/4 Patterned Layer
Crumb Cake Ink Pad
Stitched Shapes Framelits
Bloomin' Hearts Thinlits
Thanks for stopping by!