Our new catalog is coming out June 1, but all of us - demonstrators and customers - are getting the chance to order the new Eastern Palace products ahead of the catalog release. Now though the end of May, you can purchase the Eastern Palace Starter Bundle or the Eastern Palace Premier Bundle and receive free products that are also brand new additions to the catalog. The Eastern Palace Starter Bundle includes free Very Vanilla Note Cards & Envelopes and the Eastern Palace Premier Bundle includes free Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock.
You can see everything that's included in the bundles here. I'll have to admit that when I first saw the Stampin' Up! photos, I wasn't sure this bundle would be for me. The layouts of the cards are great, but I honestly have a hard time pairing the New Lemon Lime Twist with the other colors in the bundle (though Lemon Lime Twist looks great with Dapper Denim). It's just a little too adventurous for me. Once I got beyond those particular color combinations, I fell in love with the products. I've seen sooo many different and interesting ideas online for how to use the stamp set, thinlits, DSP, stickers, etc. The possibilities truly are endless, and I'm looking forward to playing a lot more with all of these products in the days ahead.
This beautiful card by Jessica Winter was the starting point for my card. I changed a few things up to make it more my own like simplifying it a bit and adding the touches of gold glimmer paper.
- The little diamond shapes around the blue flower were stamped before adding the DSP and border sticker. I used a little Dotto to adhere the flower where I wanted it and then stamped the images. Then I removed the flower and went on to the vinyl sticker and DSP (see below). Once those were in place, I lined the flower back up with the stamped diamonds and adhered it with some Multipurpose glue.
- The vinyl stickers in the bundle are really pretty, but be careful when adhering them. There isn't any wiggle room so once they're on your card they're there to stay! I added my sticker before the DSP. Since the DSP strip is 1" wide, I laid my card on grid paper to help determine the placement of the sticker which is slightly to the left of the 1" mark on the grid paper. The straight edge of the sticker is under the DSP.
- Both flowers were made with combinations of the Eastern Medallions thinlits.
- The center of the small flower was made by cutting one of the detailed circle thinlits and then punching out just the center with a small circle punch.
- For the large flower center, I used the other detailed circle thinlit along with a framelit from the Layering Circles collection (they nest so you can run them through together). Since I had used the same detailed circle thinlit on the flower, they matched up perfectly.
Rose Wonder (greeting)
Thick Very Vanilla CS
4-1/4x11 Card Base
Dapper Denim CS
Scrap for Flower Center
Tranquil Tide CS (New 2017-2019 In Color!)
Scrap for Flower Center
Eastern Palace Specialty DSP
Gold Glimmer Paper
Scraps for Flower Centers
Dapper Denim Ink Pad
Tranquil Tide Ink Pad
Eastern Medallions Thinlits
Layering Circles Framelits
Eastern Gold Vinyl Stickers
1/2" Circle Punch
1/4" Circle Punch
Circle Punch (Retired Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack)
If you have any questions about the card, please leave me a comment or send me an email. I'll be happy to help you any way I can.
Thanks for stopping by!